Saturday, May 08, 2010

First Baby Project Done

I finished my first knitting project for the new baby. We found out last week that we're having another GIRL!!! After we found out, I wanted to get started on a project. I had some yarn left that I had dyed last year using kool-aid. It wasn't really enough for a big project, but there was plenty for a baby hat. I chose a pattern called vine lace baby hat that is available for free on the Interweave Knitting Daily site. It was a little tricky, but I think it's just because of my foggy pregnancy brain. I think it needs some matching tiny newborn socks to go with it, but I've never tried knitting socks and they scare me just a little. We'll see if I can muster up the courage to try.