Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We're Enrolling in Hogwarts


Last week B was bugging Brad to read the first Harry Potter book to him as their bedtime book. Brad, being the wise dad that he is, told him if he wanted to read it, he should read it himself. B is a great reader but had never felt confident to tackle a book of that length by himself. Brad knew how proud B would be of himself if he could finish Harry Potter. So, with a little nudging, B started it. And didn't put it down for three days. I guess he is a lot like me. Once I get into a book, I can't put it down. That's why I haven't been reading much fiction lately. I have a much easier time putting down a non-fiction book. (Except for Shane Claiborne's books - but that's for another post.) Anyway, now we are all about Hogwarts here. Even talk of a possible Hogwarts themed 8th birthday party in a couple of months. I'm even getting a little excited!

1 comment:

The Wades said...

Hairy Potter is the best read! Good for him--that is such a cute picture of him devouring that book.