Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm Dyeing

I wasn't going to post a pic since this yarn is supposed to be for a Christmas present. But, I just had to because I'm so thrilled with how it looks! This is the very first time I've tried dyeing my own yarn. I used Knitpicks Bare Merino Wool in fingering weight that I got as a gift from my mom. I dyed it with good old Kool-Aid. Here's the directions I followed. I used Black Cherry, Orange and Lemonade that I put into squirt bottles and just randomly applied to the yarn. I was actually hoping for a darker red, but am loving the pinkish coral color. I wish I could post a picture showing how it's knitting up, but that will give too much away. After Christmas...(Unless of course I absolutely can't part with it, which is a huge possibility right now. Then I'll post a pic when I'm done.) ;)

No comments: