Thursday, July 27, 2006

Good Advice

I read some advice given to another mom who was feeling overwhelmed by the idea of homeschooling. The veteran homeschooling mom said to make sure and write down two lists before doing anything else. The first is a list of why you want to homeschool and the second is a list of what you want to accomplish by homeschooling. I thought it was really great advice. She said to refer back to it on those days when you're struggling and need a reminder or if you're making a choice on curriculum etc. So, I thought I'd tackle it here over the next couple of days. We're headed off to the CHN Expo in a week, and I know I'm going to be tempted by all the cool stuff. I thought it would be helpful for me to focus on my purpose for homeschooling before going to make sure it's fresh in my mind so that I don't get too distracted by all the cool ideas and stuff.

No comments: